Thursday 9 August 2012

Learnt to make good paneer!

Always wanted to make paneer myself. I am very fond of soft and fresh paneers. Finally learnt it. Learnt it through Google. Wanted to share the way of making paneer - to get good compressed one so that you can cut beautiful cubes.

1. Boil milk
2. Squeeze lemon into it (avoided vinegar - as advised by my husband!)
3. The water separates out
4. Take a clean white cloth and drain the paneer in it
5. Remove the water completely
6. Make the paneer into a flat rectange, by shaping the cloth
7. Now you have to keep heavy weights on top
8. I placed a cooker (clean one) with water on top of the cloth
9. Kept it for around 5 hours
10. Nice compressed soft paneer is ready
11. And you can cut it into nice cubes

And after which I made a paneer dish - a simple one with onions, tomatoes, garlic, coriander leaves.
I think it was good.

Satisfied a long desire of making paneer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i think google is still a better teacher.. u forgot to mention that u should not boil it, but heat it close to boiling point..

Devi said...

i boiled it Hari

Unknown said...

huh, then u didnt read google properly :)