Saturday 10 March 2012

VALUABLE MONEY


This piece is one inspired from a line from Airtel Ad - 'What is valuable money?'
What is the value of money?
Few searches on the net quoted this:
"It is the ability to use them in exchange for things we want or need that gives them value. As long as individuals have confidence that their money can be used in that way, then the money will have value."

If you ask people what do they consider as valuable money, it will vary with each individual.
It is finally "MONEY AT THE RIGHT TIME AND RIGHT PLACE"

Till today, what I consider valuable money for me, was '50 paise'! This value, I recognized during my college days. We had college bus to travel, and there was hardly any need to take other modes of transportation. In spite of this many students would travel by their own bikes and scooters. I would travel by college bus everyday. One evening, a friend of mine from a different department said she would drop me home by scooter. I wanted to have a change from the routine college bus travel and readily agreed to her suggestion. We started a little later after the college bus and half way, her scooty got punctured. She suggested that I take the local bus. I left her there on her own, and went to take the local bus. Today, when I think of that, I feel I should have been with her and helped her correct her scooty. I don't remember, if I offered her any help.

I took the bus. Luckily got a seat. Conductor was two seats ahead and he was approaching my seat. I looked into my bag, to get money. The ticket was just Rs. 2 from that point to the stop near my home. I could just get one rupee and 50 paise from my bag. I didn't know what to do. I was scared that the conductor would embarrass me in front of all people in the bus. There was a girl 'akka' sitting to me. She was very pretty! Her charm caught my eyes, even though I was in mixed mood of fear and tension. After thinking for a while and evaluating different options, all these in few seconds!, the conductor is nearing me. I asked Akka, if she had a 50 paise and if she could give me. I never explained her anything, and she never asked me anything. She readily gave a 50 paise coin. I took it in my hand and I see the conductor asking me for 'Ticket'. I gave the money and got the ticket. I thanked her! I felt embarrassment till I got down, hated the act that I borrowed money from somebody. Till today, I remember the incident and still feel that, that 50 paise was the most valuable money for me!


4 comments:

Karthik said...

Never shared this news at home i suppose... :-) .. now u r caught...

Unknown said...

Not offering help to a known person and getting help from an unknown person.
Very common now-a-days, but shows how we take our friends for granted.

Unknown said...

If we have a rewind button in our life, we will have time only to press that and correct ourselves every second we had lived before. But thats not the crux.
The fact that you are able to think about that and acknowledge the importance of human values- i think thats called value evolution.

radsun said...

Well said! :)